Thursday, May 20, 2010

Word of the Week: Quagga!

This week's word is QUAGGA: an extinct equine African mammal related to and resembling the zebra.

Stella led Torque down the hallway into the huge trophy room at the mansion. “I had no idea Uncle Pierre was such a prolific hunter,” she exclaimed, her eyes round with awe. “Just look at all these pelts! They must be worth a fortune!”

“I’ll say,” gloated Torque, stroking the glassy-eyed head of an extinct quagga. “And soon all of this will be ours!”

“Just as long as my sister, Diamonda, doesn’t persuade poor Uncle Pierre to change his will.” Stella slipped her arms around Torque’s neck. “It would just ruin everything.”

“Oh, I’ll see to it she doesn’t.” Torque pressed a button on the CD player, and they began to dance as Mick Quagga sang, “I can’t get no satisfaction.”

No comments:

Post a Comment